Seven Questions to Ask a Prospective HVAC / Plumbing Contractor
If you’re looking for an HVAC/plumbing contractor for your San Francisco, Napa, or Sacramento-area home, you have a lot of choices…but some are better than others.
The question is how do you separate the quality options from ones you want to avoid?
Here are seven questions to separate the experts from the also-rans when looking for a professional HVAC/plumbing contractor in Northern California:
- Are you licensed? Don’t take their word for it – ask for proof. If there are specific, specialized needs for your home improvements (a C36 plumbing license, for example), make sure the contractor you hire is licensed to complete that work.
- Are you crews properly trained? Look for contractors whose technicians are well trained, with preference to companies that employ CETP-certified professionals.
- Are you insured? You never want to assume any of the risk for the work a contractor performs on your home. Ask for proof of insurance for worker’s compensation AND liability – the more the better (we carry $2 million worth of coverage, so you are always protected in the highly unlikely event our coverage was ever needed).
- How long have you been in the business? In the HVAC contracting world, there’s no substitute for experience – the more of it your contractor has, the better.
- Can you provide customer reviews? Customer feedback is a good indicator about their experience with your contractor. Look for positive and negative reviews, and look for trends in customer comments.
- Can you provide a written estimate? Never work with an HVAC contractor unless they can provide a detailed written estimate that includes a description of all work and the cost of all equipment needed to complete it – including installation fees and labor.
- How will you warrantee your work? Good contractors will stand by their work…just be sure to get a copy of the work warranty in writing.
If you’re looking for qualified technicians for your heating system this heating season, contact Allied Propane Service today! All of our technicians are licensed and insured, and most have more than 20 years of experience with every type of HVAC system. We provide FREE detailed estimates and stand by everything we do!