Allied Propane Puts Safety First
You’re in good hands with us
At Allied Propane, we’re committed to safety. In fact, safety is our top priority. We want all our northern California customers to enjoy the comfort and convenience of propane—and to do so with minimal risk. Because of this, we value education. So here are a few propane safety tips to remember all year-round.
General propane info
Propane (also called liquid petroleum gas, LP gas, or LPG) is flammable when it mixes with the oxygen in the air. If propane comes in contact with you skin, it can cause frostbite.
Remember: In an emergency, always call 911 immediately.
Maintenance and safety tips for your propane dryer
- Keep your dryer’s vent unobstructed.
- Clean the lint screen after every use.
- Clean the exhaust duct regularly.
- Routinely check to make sure the outside vent opens and closes freely.
- Never leave your dryer running if you leave your house.
Maintenance and safety tips for your propane furnace
- Always follow the manufacturer’s installation and operating instructions.
- Have your furnace and venting professionally inspected yearly.
- Regularly change your furnace filters.
- Before you fire up your propane gas furnace for the first time each season, have your venting system checked for anything that may be obstructing its flow.
- If you see signs of incomplete combustion (e.g., a yellow instead of a blue flame or soot), call your local Allied office immediately for 24-hour emergency service.
Allied Propane’s safety protocols
In addition to wanting our customers to safely enjoy the benefits of propane at home, we at Allied Propane are also serious about safety on the job. We follow strict safety protocols at all times. And we recently added a highly qualified safety manager to our team.
All of our employees must complete the Certified Employee Training Program sponsored by the Propane Education and Research Council. This is our industry’s flagship curriculum and meets all of California’s training requirements as well as federal agency mandates.
Allied Propane Service is a family-owned business with a long history of community support and a commitment to being a safe and energy-efficient propane service and fuel source for Bay Area residents. We’ve been safely serving northern California since 1967.
Allied Propane Service is the leading provider of propane energy in the northern California Bay Area. Contact us today to find out how we can serve you.