Propane Vs. Electric Home Appliances
Like electricity, propane gas is versatile enough to power almost any appliance in your Northern California home. The difference is that propane will almost always do a better job of it.
A propane water heater, for example, will save you about 30 percent on your energy bills compared to a similarly-sized electric water heater while providing much faster recovery times . You’ll save even more money on energy bills – as much as 50 percent – when you choose a propane tankless water heater.
The Perks Of Propane Appliances
But better efficiency is just benefit of making the switch to propane appliances. Consider these propane advantages:
- Propane space heaters and propane direct-vent fireplaces heat rooms faster than electric models, and typically run more efficiently; they’re also a great source of supplemental heat, helping you to drop your thermostat a few degrees and save even more money.
- Propane gas furnaces and boilers deliver consistent warm air everywhere in your home, no matter how cold it gets outside
- Hybrid propane appliances like indirect water heaters and combi-boilers can save you money by combining several functions in one high efficiency unit.
- Propane gas ranges and cooktops give you precision temperature control that no electric stovetop can match.
- Propane clothes dryers dry faster with less wear and tear on your clothes than electric clothes dryers.
As you can see, you’ll save money and get better performance when you choose propane appliances over electric ones. You’ll also help the environment, since as much as two-thirds of the energy used by power plant to generate and transmit electricity is wasted between the plant and your home.
Propane – a smarter way to power your home comfort appliances. To learn more, or to get a FREE, no obligation estimate on propane conversions in the Bay Area, contact Allied Propane today!