Converting To Propane: A Smart Choice For Your Home or Business
Upgrading your electric-powered home or business to run on clean, green propane can be a great investment that will pay off for many years to come.
If you’re thinking about converting to propane, or using propane in a home you’re planning to build, here are just some of the benefits you’ll enjoy.
The benefits of propane:
- Propane appliances typically last longer and need less maintenance than electric appliances.
- Because it burns so efficiently, propane can save you hundreds of dollars a year on utility bills compared to electricity.
- Propane is extremely versatile: it can power your stove, fireplaces, outdoor grill, clothes dryer, outdoor lighting and more – and do it all more efficiently than electricity. It’s also the best way to power your backup generator (see below).
- Propane heats water more quickly for your shower, bath, dishwasher, washing machine, spa tub and pool.
- Propane can be used to power a backup generator, which will keep all your home systems (including your sump pump, home security systems, refrigerator, and more) up and running during a severe weather or emergency outage.
- Switching from electricity to propane is one of the best ways to shrink your home or business’ carbon footprint, as we discussed in our last blog.
- Propane is one of the safest energy sources around: the entire propane industry – from manufacture to delivery and everything in between – is rigorously regulated by federal DOT, OSHA, and EPA compliance codes, along with state and local fire and safety laws. Propane contractors (including our own CETP-certified technicians and Gas Check™ experts) are required to undergo extensive training to ensure their work complies with every one of those laws and codes.
Converting to propane is not as expensive or complicated as you might think. Allied Propane can install anything from propane tanks to propane appliances, helping you make a smart switch from electricity.
Contact Allied Propane today to learn more about propane conversions in northern California and power your home or business with the cleanest, greenest fuel around – propane gas!