5 Water Heater Warning Signs
The last thing you want to see when you get home is a flood caused by a ruptured water heater tank. Here are five signs that it may be time to replace your water heater so you can avoid this.
- Age: The life expectancy of a water heater ranges from 7 to 13 years. If your water heater is 10 years old or older, don’t wait until it breaks. Start researching your replacement options now.
- Higher bills: Your water heater may no longer be doing its job efficiently.
- Rusty water: This usually means that the inside of your water storage tank is corroding.
- Water stains: White stains on your glassware are common signs of hard water — water that contains minerals — in your tank. Those minerals reduce efficiency and shorten the life of your water heater.
- Unusual noises: Growling or gurgling noises coming from your water storage tank are usually a sign of sediment buildup — a problem that will eventually require the replacement of your water heater.
If you want to replace your water heater, call us or contact us through our website.