Shelter from the Storm
Our service team has put together these suggestions to help your family stay safe during severe weather this season.
- Create an emergency plan and discuss it with everyone in your family. This plan should include instructions on how to turn off propane systems.
- Prepare a disaster supply kit, which should include several days’ worth of water and canned food supplies, along with a can opener, extra clothes, blankets, flashlights, medications, batteries and supplies for your pets. You should also have a battery-powered radio.
- If you use a whole-house propane generator, make sure it has enough fuel. Check the owner’s manual for instructions on calculating how much propane your generator uses. (For generators 9kW or less, it’s approximately 1.5 gallons per hour.)
- If your area is prone to flooding, make sure your tank is anchored securely.
- Once the storm passes, check your appliances for water or other damage. Never turn on a light switch, use a power source or inspect your appliances while you are standing in water. Have us inspect your appliances if you believe they have been damaged.
- Don’t use outdoor appliances indoors and make sure your indoor gas appliances are properly vented.
- If you smell propane in your home, leave immediately and call for help.
Feel free to call us so we can inspect your equipment and make sure it’s running safely and efficiently. We care about your comfort and safety!